On 9 September, Michael Hand will undertake a long solitary walk raising funds for the churches of the parish and Gloucestershire Historic Churches Trust.
Michael plans to walk a route from Winchcombe to Hailes, Didbrook, Stanway, Stanton, Buckland, Wormington, Dumbleton, Alderton, Great Washbourne, Alstone, Stanley Pontlarge and Gretton before returning to St Peter’s in Winchcombe.
There are sponsor forms in our churches as well as the online method via this website.
Mission and Pastoral Measure 2011
Draft Pastoral Scheme
18 July 2023
The Worcester Diocesan Mission and Pastoral Committee has prepared a draft Pastoral Scheme for:
the transfer of the parish of Childswyckham in the benefice of Winchcombe in the diocese of Gloucester to the
benefice of Broadway with Wickhamford in the diocese of Worcester where it shall continue distinct and for the
consequential amendment of the latter benefice’s name and its future patronage arrangements. It also provides for naming the incumbent of the renamed and enlarged benefice of Broadway with Wickhamford and Childswyckham.
A copy of the draft Scheme may be inspected at: St Margaret of Antioch, Alderton; Aston Sommerville, Village Hall Notice Board; St Michael, Buckland; St Mary the Virgin, Childswyckham; St Peter, Dumbleton; St Mary, Great Washbourne; St Barnabas, Snowshill; St Michael & All Angels, Stanton; St Andrew, Toddington; St Peter, Stanway; St George, Didbrook; St Peter, Winchcombe; Christ Church, Gretton; St Mary, Sudeley Manor; St Katharine, Wormington; St Michael & All Angels, Broadway; St Edburgha, Broadway; and St John the Baptist, Wickhamford.
You may also access the draft Scheme on the Commissioners’ website at www.ccpastoral.org
or obtain or inspect a copy during normal office hours by applying to me.
Large print and/or audio copies are available on request.
- Anyone may make representations to the Church Commissioners for or against all or any part or parts of the draft Scheme (please include the reasons for your views) in writing or by email to reach them no later than 24th August 2023. Please send your representation marked for the attention of Matthew Crowe, Pastoral Division, Church Commissioners, Church House, Great Smith Street, LONDON SW1P 3AZ (e-mail: [email protected]). If they have not acknowledged receipt of your representation before this date, please ring 0207 898 1784 or e-mail them to ensure it has been received. For administrative purposes, a petition will be classed as a single representation and the Commissioners will only correspond with the sender of the petition, if known, or otherwise the first signatory – “the primary petitioner”.
- When making a representation, please also indicate the nature of your interest in the proposals (e.g.parishioner, member of parochial church council, etc) and whether you would like an opportunity to speak to the Committee regarding your representation if the Commissioners decide a hearing should be held regarding the case.
- If the Commissioners receive representations against the draft Scheme, they will send them, and any representations supporting the draft Scheme, to the Bishops whose views will be sought. Individual representors and the primary petitioner will then receive copies of the correspondence with the Bishops (including copies of all the representations) and will be told whether a hearing is to be held. They and individual petitioners may comment further to the Commissioners. Copies of all of the representations received and associated correspondence will be published on the Commissioners’ website if the matter needs to be considered by the Commissioners.
- If a hearing is held, anyone may attend the meeting of the Mission and Pastoral Committee that considers the case and representors may have an opportunity to speak to the Committee. Otherwise the case will be considered in private.
- When the Commissioners acknowledge representations they will let individual representors (and the primary petitioner) know the next few dates of the Committee’s meetings. They will confirm the actual date if a hearing is to be held nearer the time.
- The Commissioners’ Mission and Pastoral Committee will decide if the draft Scheme should proceed when it considers all the representations on the basis of a paper prepared by the Commissioners’ staff and any points raised at the meeting.
- The Commissioners will notify all representors of their decision and give a statement of the reasons for it.
- If they so decide the Scheme should proceed, any representor or petitioner against the draft Scheme may seek leave from the Privy Council to appeal against the decision.
- Please see ccpastoral.org for further information about the procedure.
Worcester Diocesan Mission and Pastoral Committee
16 Lowesmoor Wharf, Worcester WR1 2RS
Tel Direct: 01905 732801
Switchboard: 01905 20537
Email: [email protected]
We are very glad to welcome Revd Capt David Penny with Deborah and Ash to Winchcombe Parish.
David’s licensing service took place on Monday 27 February in St Peter’s Church, Winchcombe.
Some Photos can be seen by clicking on this link:
In June 22 St Peter’s choir was invited by the Bishop of Gloucester the Right Reverend Rachel Treweek to be the choir for the annual Ordination of Priests Service at Glos Cathedral.